If you are NEW to Clifford Baptist Church, Clifford Connection Class will introduce you to the mission, vision, values and ministry opportunities of our church family. This is a GREAT way to get to know us and the class is a requirement to become a church member. This class is offered on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 9:30am in the Social Hall. Preregistration is not required but if you preregister in time, materials can be mailed to you. Otherwise, you can download the same information below or Pastor Mike will have paper copies available at the class.
Click Here Clifford Connection Class Packet
For a second portion of this packet which of committees & positions, go to https://www.cliffordbaptist.org/guidelines-and-support/
and download the Nominating Committee Report.
How to request membership? You may….
- Indicate your desire to be a part of the church by speaking with Pastors Mike, Clyde, or Jeffrey at any time.
- Send a written request to the church.
- Come forward during the Sunday morning invitation and express your desire to join the fellowship (you will not be presented to the church for membership at that time).
No one will be presented for membership until completing the Clifford Connection Class. Upon completion of the course, and agreement with our foundational beliefs, you will then proceed on to be presented to the congregation.
The church will vote to confirm your membership as a born-again believer in one of four ways:
- Profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, and baptism by immersion.
- Transfer of letter from another Baptist church, and prior baptism by immersion.
- Transfer of letter from a church of another denomination, understanding that baptism by immersion will be requested if the previous church baptized by some other method.
- When circumstances do not permit the transfer of a letter of membership from another church, the candidate desiring membership may give a statement of personal, ongoing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. If he/she has never been baptized by immersion, we would ask that privilege.