CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL REOPENING
We are excited to announce the re-launch of our in-person Children’s Sunday School program, beginning Dec. 6th. The teachers, volunteers, and staff are making preparations for safe return. A printed copy of our draft return plan can be found at the Visitor Center, in the vestibule. In this plan there is an outline of the various measures we are putting in place to ensure the safety of those attending as well as a class by class outline of what is expected of our teachers, children and parents. Please also note there are details on how pick up and drop off will be handled for small children. We are looking forward to seeing the children return! If you have any questions, please contact our Sunday School Directors, Derek Keiser or Carrie Hill at SundaySchoolClifford@gmail.com.
Clifford Baptist Church Sunday School Operation Plan
“A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
~May God direct every step we take~
Clifford Baptist Church Sunday School Program – Mission Statement
Clifford Baptist Church Sunday School Program , an extension of weekly worship, is focused on teaching the Body all the things Christ commanded by growing disciples, growing in Biblical knowledge at all levels, and learning how to go and evangelize the Gospel.
The leaders, teachers, and staff of Clifford Baptist Church find it important to continue the mission of its Sunday School Program. As the Church moves forward in gathering in person, Sunday School leaders, and teachers are eager to grow and disciple the children of our body. We also understand the benefit of training up a child when they are young. Therefore we will be fully committed in fulfilling both the Great Commission and the mission of Sunday School in a safe manner.
First and foremost
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the more people an individual interacts with, and the longer that interaction lasts, the higher the risk of spreading a virus. The CDC states, indoor activities with medium in-person gatherings spaced at least 6 feet apart utilizing face coverings are “High risk”. Therefore Clifford Baptist Church (CBC) encourages each individual, and family to consider this risk prior to returning to in person worship gatherings. CBC encourages and supports individuals that do not feel comfortable with in person gathering , and offers a wide variety of other worship resources.
Better to stay at home – CBC realizes the body is eager to assemble as a Church and to fellowship together as families. However each individual and family should consider staying home when appropriate:
- If you are sick or feeling sick
- Tested positive for or are showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Recent close contact with a person with symptoms of or diagnosed with COVID-19
- Older Adults, individuals with underlying health conditions
- Gather and maintain a list of teachers/volunteers willing to serve
- Remove as many touch surfaces from classrooms as possible
- Prepare classrooms as best as possible to accommodate distancing
Timeline for returning to in class instruction
Return in class Children’s Sunday School – December 6th
- Amherst County Public Schools first day returning – September 9th
- End of first 9 weeks grading period – November 30th
- Week of November 16th – Begin discussion with Senior Pastor, Staff , and local health department to make go/no-go decision
- November 30th = Go/No-go decision will me made
- Return to in class Children’s Sunday School – December 6th
Standard Operating Guidelines
General Guidelines – for all volunteers and all classes
- During in class instruction, Sunday School Director will monitor level of community transmission. In the event of moderate to substantial community transmission , in class instruction may discontinue until transmission occurrences are reduced. Decisions will also include any confirmed case or cases at CBC regardless of the level of community transmission
- All teachers, volunteers, and individuals aged five and over shall, when entering, exiting, traveling through, and spending time inside the Church, cover their mouth and nose with a face covering.
- Entrance to lower building
- Limited to one entrance
- All other doors will be exit only
- Temperature check station
- Located a lower building entrance
- Signage posted about COVID self check
- Classroom Schedule
- Children Sunday School duration will be from 09:45 to 10:45
- Drop off and Pick up.
- Each child will be dropped off and picked up by guardian from hallways
- Parents will be encouraged not to enter rooms in order to maintain distancing
- Child will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting room
- Much effort is needed to accomplish distancing while in the classrooms
- Done by spreading chairs out in the classrooms
- Teachers are encouraged to wash hands prior to class and immediately after class
- After class , teachers are encouraged to wash hands and wipe down touch surfaces with disinfectant wipes and wash hands afterwards
- Classrooms will also be cleaned weekly by custodial staff
- Each classroom will have a supply of hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes
- No sharing of items in classrooms including teaching materials
- No use of outdoor playground equipment
- No sharing snacks, food or drinks
- Snack item should be individually packaged and not be shared
- Each class will keep or designate someone to record named attendance in the event of an exposure to assist with notifications and tracing
- Collect student name, guardian name , and a contact email address
Nursery Birth through 2 years Meeting in Room 201
- Parents will drop off and pick up across counter as usual
- One parent in drop off lobby at a time
- Volunteer will check temperature at drop off
- Both lobby doors will remain open
- Parents entering drop off / pick up lobby will be encouraged to wear facing coverings
- Teachers will use hand sanitizer prior to and after child pick up / drop off
- Parents are strongly encouraged to only bring necessary items for child’s care such as diapers, and food.
- If a child needs to be held for an extended period of time then parents should be contacted.
- Infants should be spaced apart as practical
- Walking toddlers should be distanced from infants as best as possible
- Teachers are encouraged to intensify cleaning of touch surfaces and hand hygiene during class
- Sunday School Class will maintain a plastic bin of toys to be used only during Sunday School Hour , these will be kept separate from bins used during worship.
2&3 year olds Ages 2 through 3 Meeting in Room 203
- Parents will drop off and pick up child from outside of the room, maintaining social distancing
- Temperatures will be checked at drop off
- One parent is encouraged to drop off and pick up
- Parents will be encouraged to wear face coverings
- Teachers will use hand sanitizer prior to and after child pick up / drop off
- Parents are strongly encouraged to only bring necessary items for child’s care
- Restroom door in this classroom will remain open to help with ventilation
Classes 4 & 5 through 5th & 6th grade Meeting in Room 212
- Will follow all “Standard Operating Guidelines”
- Doors to classrooms will remain open
- Parent will drop off and pick up from outside of classroom
- Children are encouraged to use restroom prior to class accompanied by their parent and will be discouraged during class unless dire emergencies
Youth 7th through 12th grade Meeting in Room 205 & 207
- Follow all “Standard Operating Guidelines”
- Encourage social distancing and wearing of face coverings
Plan if someone is or becomes sick.
- Sunday School Office is to be used as an isolation room or area that can be used to isolate a sick child, teacher or volunteer.
- If a sick child, teacher, or volunteer has been isolated, clean and disinfect surfaces in the isolation room or area after the sick individual has gone home.
- If COVID-19 is confirmed during Sunday School hour:
- Close off areas used by the person who is sick.
- Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the areas.
- Wait up to 24 hours or as long as possible before you clean or disinfect to allow respiratory droplets to settle before cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick, such as offices, bathrooms, and common areas.
- If more than 7 days have passed since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is not necessary.
- Notify the local health department , which will assist with tracing and notification of exposure.
- Church wide email system will be used to notify there has been an exposure